Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thanks Great Lakes Brewing Company...

Bryce has been struggling with the sippy cup thing. He likes to have his bottle feed to him and he loves drinking out of a straw, so sippy cups were not on his "do" list... until last night. Since he hit 10 months I see the end of the bottle. Emerson kicked it at exactly one year. Not even a bedtime bottle. We are not a good tapering family, we tend to play the cold turkey thing. So, when Bryce has yet to even try a sippy cup I have been kinda frazzled on what we are going to do. And then I sat down next to him with a beer bottle for me and a sippy cup for him. I showed him how I drank from the bottle by tipping it back and after a few times Bryce tipped the cup up and his head back and done! The kid loves it. He even fed himself half a bottle today! So, thank you Great Lakes Brewing Company. I feel as if you had a small part in getting Bryce a step closer to independence.

No comments: