Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Week of Stitches...


Poor Emerson. All she wanted to do was show me her tap dancing moves after class last Saturday. On the final move, her feet swished up in the air and her head landed massively hard on the floor. She freaked and cried louder than ever before. After I stopped staring at her in disbelief I ran to her and picked her up only to find blood streaming down her chest. She ripped a hole in the bottom of her chin. Thankfully the dance studio is near the hospital (good planning) and three stitches later we were picking up popsicles and heading home. Yesterday she returned to the doctor to have them removed and it looks amazing!!! Hopefully little to no scar to remind us all of the event.
Then, a few days later, I was to have a silly little mole removed from my foot. It was between my big toe and the next. I was the silly one, for I never thought I would have stitches from the front to the back of my foot. This has made it most difficult to walk, among other things. I am rocking the crocs for two weeks till I can get them removed and hopefully everything will heal enough so I might be able to wear flip flops sometime this summer. At least Emerson liked it cause she had a stitches partner.
I had hoped that March would be the restart to 2012. I am placing my bets on April, now!

No comments: