Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dance, Dance Baby!

Since she was two, Emerson has been wanting to take dance. After her arts camp, I knew it was time. She is enrolled in ballet/ tap for the year. Every saturday morning, for an hour, her and around ten other little girls file into Ms. Hannah's dance studio. It is awesome to watch. All that pink and black.
After the first class Emerson proclaimed that it was wonderful. Though as she came out, and all the other girls' tap shoes were clicking, she was still in her ballet shoes. I asked her why she didn't put on her taps and she looked at me with a seriously angry face and told me it was because I didn't put them in the bag. I unzipped the bottom of the bag and showed her where they were and she laughed. Everyday for the next week she let me know that she would remember that they were in the bottom.
I would like to state that I did not tell her to pose like this. In fact, it makes me laugh. This was right before her we left for her first class and I grabbed the camera to document the brand new Capezio leo and tights.

No comments: